Monday, September 28, 2026

Tay's Summit Challenge Hike 7 - Mount Roberts with George, Take 2.

We had this aptly named mountain to ourselves today! The weather wasn't pleasant, and we spent most of the time in the clouds, but the colors of the leaves are popping! It was one of those days when I was glad to have all the things in my backpack. I kept shedding clothes, and then putting them back on again!

The Nor'easter knocked down lots of branches, and a few trees. We moved some of them off the trail, and got our feet wet going around others that were too big to move. Oh well. I always have flip flops in my car, so I was able to dry mine quickly with the heat on during the drive home. George didn't mind at all, and he had plenty of fresh water to drink!

We timed our hike between the bands of heavy rain, and only got dripped on a few times. It was quiet in the woods, but wicked windy on the ledges. George didn't care for that. It was strong enough to push us over! We just kept moving through to the top. It could intimidate us, but it couldn't stop us. Not today!

Please consider making a donation to theTaylor James Steeves Foundation. You can click here: https://runsignup.com/crittoria/DonateWe would really appreciate it. Thank you!

#staystrongclimbon


No comments:

Post a Comment