Thursday, August 6, 2026

Every morning they sprint out the basement door as fast as they can! They rush to make their 'rounds' throughout our fenced in 4 acres, checking all their favorite spots, sniffing EVERYTHING, and terrorizing all the li'l critters because well, they're dogs, and that's what dogs do.  

Today they had a unique experience and I had to laugh at how flabbergasted they were. I heard a bit of a racket because they were trying to get at something under a pile of old metal roofing out in the woods. As I wandered over to see what was going on, each of them came up to me with a quizzical look on their face, and then trotted back over there as if to lead me. They wanted me to see what had them all so worried. It was a possum! And it was doing a fantastic job of 'playing dead', which baffled them 'cause they hadn't actually chased it and killed it. 🤣 I told them they were good dogs, "let's leave it, and go get some breakfast!" So, with a few concerned looks back they followed me to the house. While they were eating, I went back to check on the possum, and sure enough, it had disappeared. Smart possum!

Now we're on to the second part of our morning - they're snuggled up on the couch with me while I drink my coffee, dreaming of chipmunks and squirrels...critters they can chase because that run away like they're supposed to!

No comments:

Post a Comment